UTHM offers a unique opportunity to further your studies in a university with a worldwide academic reputation, while enjoying the cultural, social and recreational facilities at a serene countryside location.
Graduate students play a valued and important role in the School's contribution to scholarship and research excellence. These pages should provide you with the information you need to apply for your chosen programme.
UTHM receives all applications from international students. However , all applicants are strongly advised to submit their applications online (by the required date).
Please note – it is rare that our programmes are able to stay open (after the required date ) and therefore, applicants are strongly advised to comply with the deadline.
- Bachelor Degree with honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or any other Higher Learning Institutions recognised by the Senate;
- Other qualifications equivalent to Bachelor Degree with related experience deemed acceptable by the Senate;
* Minimum CPA : Coursework : 2.50
Mixed-mode : 2.75 and
Research : 2.75
Other Qualifications Will Be Considered
Working experiences in related field for those who do not meet the minimum CPA
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS:
Minimum score of TOEFL 500 , IELTS 5.0 , or MUET Band 3.
Exemption shall be granted to a candidate(s) or international students who graduated in Malaysia.
- Master Degree from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate;
- Other qualifications equivalent to Master Degree with related experience deemed acceptable by the Senate;
- A Bachelor Degree with CPA 3.67 and above from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate.
Note: If the Bachelor Degree is of the related field, other Master Degrees can also be considered.
ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT:
Minimum score of TOEFL 500 , IELTS 5.0 or MUET Band 3.
Exemption shall be granted to candidate(s) or international students who graduated in Malaysia.
List of Programmes Offered for International Student
For undergraduate application, all online application can be submitted here :
For postgraduate application, please read carefully the instructions below:
1. For online application, first you need to create your account through
2. Fill in your online application. Then, print the form when completed.
3. The following documents need to be uploaded:
a. Identification Card (MyKad) / Passport;
b. Academic transcripts and certificates (Bachelor Degree for Master’s Application; Bachelor Degree and Master for PhD’s application)
c. For final semester applicants, please enclose:
i. Examination results for each semester
ii. Verification Letter as a Final Semester applicant
d. For research programmes, please enclose a Research Proposal;
e. If you are currently employed, please enclose Proof of Work Experience;
f. If you are an applicant with scholarship, please enclose Sponsorship Letter.
4. With effective from 1st January 2017, all applications will be processed via an online system, there is no need to submit any hardcopy.
1. Each application is subjected to a processing fee to be made payable to "Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia" via Telegraphic Transfer only :
• For local applicants: RM10.00
Muamalat Bank Account (0107-0000001-71-6)
• For International applicants: RM30.00
Muamalat Bank Account (0107-0000001-71-6)
***Payments through CDM (cash deposit machine) is not acceptable
2. If you encounter any problems, please contact us at +607-4537757/ 7905/7906/7551/7505 or email us at .
Please provide the following information when contacting us:
Identity Card Number
Handphone / Telephone Number
Programme (Master or PhD)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT – VISA APPLICATION
For further information on international requirement, please contact International Office UTHM at +607-4538513/8514/8515 or visit International Office website at http://io.uthm.edu.my
Welcome to UTHM!
UTHM has long-established reputation for providing excellence in higher education, as well as research and development (R&D). In 2020, its academic management was awarded the MS ISO 9001:2015 by SIRIM. All mainstream academic programmes offered by UTHM are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and/or relevant professional bodies.
Apply Online Now