Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), is one of the public universities in Malaysia primarily focusing on Engineering and Technology. UTHM is strategically located in green sub-urban environment in Batu Pahat, Johor which is about 3 hours drive to Kuala Lumpur and 1.5 hours to Singapore via North-South Expressway (NSE).
Developing competent, professional and entrepreneurial graduates
Providing an ecosystem to develop TECHNOPRENEUR
Fulfilling social responsibility towards community and environment
Practising good governance and high performance culture
" With Wisdom , We Explore. "
UTHM logo displays a proton , a book , a tiered mortar board ( levels of learning ) , a book-rest and a shield.
- Red - Bravery
- Blue – Collaboration
- Silver – Quality/prestige
- Book-rest - Knowledge
- Proton – Science and Technology
- Book – Knowledge
- Mortar board – Levels of study
- Circle – Resilient and related to global characteristics
- Shield - Confidence
The whole concept of the logo represents UTHM as a learning institution that supports knowledge expansion and development at all levels of study in science and technology.
Blue represents the close relationship among the UTHM community in ensuring successful and resilient implementations of the University programmes as well as its education and research activities that are carried out for the benefit of mankind.
Red symbolises the adventurous nature of UTHM in exploring new fields to establish itself as a leader in the applications of science and technology. Thus , this reflects the spirit and self-esteem of the UTHM community.
The mace concept and design are based on the dynamism of UTHM in various activities and learning processes reflecting the tawheed ( oneness of God ) , in which it depicts a technology centered University.
DESIGN RATIONALE :
Several traditional motif engraving designs with a dynamic combination of shapes on the mace , mirror the mission and vision of UTHM. The unique , dynamic and innovative mace design comprises three main components.
which are :
- The head : known as the torch ,
- The body : known as the chalice ( batil ) ,
- The haft : known as the column.
The torch-shaped head symbolizes the University role as a purveyor of knowledge. The engraved syahadah and the five-sided surfaces symbolize Islamization and the National Commandments ( Rukunegara ). Each of the five-sided surfaces is engraved with the following motifs :
- Crest of the government of Malaysia ,
- Crest of the state of Johor ,
- Crest of Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia ,
- The national flower ,
- The Parliament.
The body , known as the chalice symbolizes the fountain of knowledge. It is surrounded by carvings of floating clouds symbolizing tranquility in the acquisition of knowledge. The University crest on each side portrays the main function of the University in pursuing knowledge.
The column signifies authority which is the foundation of the development of knowledge. Stalks of paddy portray self-esteem. The end part of the haft is supported by a time capsule portraying the transition of time , in line with the development of science and technology as the core and pillar of the University establishment.
QUALITY POLICY: :
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia is committed to offer high quality academic programmes grounded in Engineering, Science and Technology to meet the needs of its stakeholders through an outstanding quality management system in line with the ISO 9001: 2015.
QUALITY OBJECTIVES: :
UTHM staff is committed to carrying out their responsibilities to ensure that the quality objectives of the current year are achieved, monitored and reviewed in tandem with the vision and mission of the University.
- To ensure that students enrollment exceeds the 90% target (20,000).
- To ensure that international students enrollment exceeds 6% of the total current enrollment.
- To ensure that new research grants exceed RM20 million per year.
- To ensure that the university H-Index (SCOPUS) increases by 1 index value each year.
- To ensure that Graduate Employability after 6 months of graduation exceeds 80%.
- To ensure that the percentage of revenue generation exceeds 15% of the university operating costs.
- To ensure that any complaints related to the teaching and learning system or equipment are resolved within a period of not more than 6 months.
Merintis teknologi terkini
Etika universiti mendukung visi dan misi
Realisasikan aspirasi dinamis berkualiti
Gemilang akan dijulang
Terajui aplikasi sains dan teknologi
Yakini semangat jatidiri
Demi agama nusa bangsa
Mendukung wawasan negara